Your garage door opener might constantly get stuck on the garage floor, and you are wondering what to do. Or perhaps the door keeps getting stuck halfway up, making you late for work.
No matter the problem, there is always a way to escape such issues, and it doesn’t only start with a repair after the damage has happened.
Instead of waiting for an issue to arise and then making an emergency call to have the repair done, you can prevent the problems.
You can do some of the things below to prevent garage door damage.
Preventing Garage Door Damage
- Make sure that the garage is well-insulated. This is important because it will help delay the time it takes the door to cool down inside, thus prolonging the life of your garage door springs.
- You must also ensure that your garage door mechanisms or springs are clean. This way, you prevent rust and the accumulation of dirt that will eventually damage it.
- When protecting your garage door opener, lubricate its parts occasionally. It is best to do this during its off seasons to get the most out of it.
- Clean your manually operated door. Regular cleanings are essential to keep it clean, safe, and well-oiled. You can use a spray cleaner from stores or get some garage door lubricant. Make sure you have the right one for your opener, so it stays on.
- Religiously observe routine maintenance and repairs. Schedule a repair or maintenance checkup once every six months or once a year. This way, you will be aware of the situation and not be caught off guard by expensive and unexpected repair costs.
If your garage door already has a problem and prevention is not possible anymore, you have to contact a professional garage door repair company.
Below are some of the problems professional garage door technicians fix:
Your spring can snap so that your door no longer opens and closes. This is one of the most frequent garage door problems, and it could be caused by several factors, such as:
- Improperly maintaining the spring
- Installation of new garage door parts that have been poorly engineered
- Deterioration of springs due to age and exposure to the elements
Handling a broken spring is easy. Call for help from a competent garage door service company.
Bent Garage Door Tracks
With misaligned tracks, your door will not be able to go through, meaning it won’t be able to go up or down.
This will cause difficulty in opening and closing. Some tracks can be fixed without the help of a professional, but if they get bent a lot, it might be time to call someone who knows what they are doing.
Broken or Off-Track Rollers
Rollers are one of the most critical parts of your garage door because they help it slide up and down without a hitch. So, if they are misaligned, your garage door will not slide up and down.
Misaligned Locks and Pulleys
If your garage door’s pulleys and lock systems get misaligned, you will have a hard time operating it.
The rollers won’t be able to turn freely, which makes the door harder to use. Sometimes this could also cause a lot of noise for nearby neighbors if the tracking system is damaged at the same time.
Please maintain your springs to avoid their breakdown. It doesn’t matter how old it is. If you have a secure garage door, the most likely thing that can happen to your spring is that it will break down due to age and wear or rust.
If the door hangs down, it will not close properly and cause problems while flying up and down.
The best way to fix this is to ensure that your door is well-balanced so that it would not sag throughout the day. A professional technician can help if you lack the skills.
Many other issues can happen to your garage door. If you think something else is wrong with it, then you should contact an expert to assess the condition and fix the problem.
Garage Door Repair/Maintenance You Can DIY
Your garage door is a mechanical component and will always need the help of a professional. However, there are a few things that you can DIY. They include:
- Lubricating or greasing your door’s tracks and hinges is an easy way to keep it running smoothly.
- Wiping off dirt or grime that accumulates inside the track because too much of it can reduce its efficiency.
- Tighten the door’s hardware, cables, and pulleys, so they don’t stretch or break.
- Check your door’s safety sensors and other moving parts for any damage or malfunction.
- Properly maintain the garage door’s gear system (the drum, gear, cable, and chain), so it can stay upright and intact.
- Keeping the garage door opener clean, lubricated, and free from rust to prevent an issue from arising in the future
- Regularly check for weak and worn-out parts (mainly springs) to plan for replacements before they break down completely.
Replacing a Broken Garage Door
If everything else fails, you will have to replace your garage door entirely, be sure to contact a professional who can help you do this.
But only settle for this option if:
- The door is too damaged to repair
- Replacing will be cheaper than repairing the door
- You have had it for over 30 years
- A company or contractor you trust has advised you to do so
While garage door replacement can be costly, sometimes it is the only option.
Cost of Garage Door Repair
While the cost of garage door repair is a small investment, it can help prolong the life of your garage door.
Some people only call for professional assistance when their garage door is already damaged. When you do so, the problem might be much bigger than you had imagined, requiring you to spend more money.
For a small roll-up door, professional garage door repair will only cost you between $100 to $250. However, this will depend on the extent of the damage and its severity.
This may seem like a lot, but if you consider the cost of replacing your entire garage due to an accident or another type of damage, you’ll realize that it is much cheaper to have it repaired.
If you need to replace your garage door, expect to pay between $1,000 and $3,000. This cost also depends on the size and model of your existing door.
The good thing about hiring garage door repair in Spanaway, WA, is that they will handle everything, from assessing the damage, suggesting possible solutions, and implementing them.
You won’t have to experience the stress that comes with such projects.
Get Reliable Garage Door Repair Services in Spanaway, WA
There are more than enough benefits for hiring a garage door repair in Spanaway, WA. Once you hire one, the quality of your service will improve dramatically.
We also specialize in replacement services and installation.
We have been providing quality garage door services for many years, and we are known to give you helpful advice on maintaining and repairing your roll-up garage door.
Our top priority is ensuring you have the best garage door installation service Spanaway WA offers. We provide you with a wide range of services that include:
- Fix and maintain your garage door.
- Replace a broken garage door panel.
- Install automatic garage door openers.
- Garage Door Installation
- Garage Door Repair
- Custom-fit new home additions around your garage door.
- Garage Door Openers
Extra perks of trusting us with your garage doors:
- We are licensed and insured, so you can rest assured that you are hiring a company that will provide great service.
- We provide free estimates, so you have nothing to worry about when making the right decision.
- We offer home improvement services for all garage doors, including vinyl, wood, or steel.
- 24/7 customer support is available to anyone who needs assistance after business hours.
- Short response time and same day services
- Reasonable prices
- We carefully assess the needs of our customers so that they can have a garage door that meets their specifications.
Why Choose us? We Promise:
Your security and peace of mind are our primary concerns, which is why we take extra precautions to ensure no damage gets done to your property or home during installation or repair.
Contact us at 253-326-9494 to begin the process or get a quick estimate today. We are located at Spanaway, WA 98387-7848.