Garage doors are big and heavy, and sometimes this weight may cause the door to go out of alignment, hence the unevenness.
A misaligned garage door is more than just a health risk;
- For one, it gives way to moisture and outside temperatures to enter your home, which can be worse in the winter chill because that means your heating system will need to work a lot harder to keep your home warm and comfortable.
- Two, it presents an opportunity for intruders to break into your home through your garage easily.
- And of course, a misaligned garage door can easily break off, falling with a thud, and you don’t want to imagine what it will do to the person or anything standing in its way.
For these reasons, don’t waste time with an uneven garage door. Either call for a garage door repair or if you’re feeling handy, you can try to correct the unevenness.
So, here’s what you need to do:
- Turn off the power: This allows you to find the cause of the unevenness while keeping safe.
- Inspect the cables; the garage door cables are notorious for causing the door to go out of its tracks or cause the door to sag. If the wires need repair, call the experts for a quick cables repair.
- If it’s an easy fix adjustment, measure first how much the door has gone off. You can take measurements of the diameter of the shaft, just above the door, and the drums on each side of the door.
- Once that is done, make the adjustments slowly and keenly until the door can open and close with ease.
However, if the adjustments don’t fix the issue, we recommend you call garage door services to determine the cause of the problem.
Contact All Option Doors for Garage Door Services
Our specialty is garage door installation and garage door repairs of all nature. We have the skills and experience to handle all garage door-related problems.
We won’t disappoint.
We’re serving the areas of Tacoma and the surrounding areas.